Overview of the I-601, Copyrighted* by The Law Office of Laurel Scott, PLLC
An overview of the waiver process is available here: I-601 Memo It was written for attorneys, but is also a useful to non-attorneys as an overview of the waiver process.
Political Writings Available for Download, Copyrighted* by The Law Office of Laurel Scott, PLLC
- Lack of Exceptions for Minors, posted May 19, 2009
- Mass Deportations, posted May 8, 2009
- Drug Abuse Findings, posted May 5, 2009
- The Anchor Baby Myth, posted April 28, 2009
- Why Can't Illegal Immigrants Turn Themselves In?, posted April 24, 2009
- Driver's Licenses, posted April 21, 2009
- The Drug-Gun Cycle, posted April 17, 2009
- Letter to the President, posted April 14, 2009
Model Immigration and Nationality Act: Suggested Replacement of the Current INA 212 Section on Inadmissibility
- Model INA Sec. 212(a)(1)
- Model INA Sec. 212(a)(2)
- Model INA Sec. 212(a)(4)
- Model INA Sec. 212(a)(6)
- Model INA Sec. 212(a)(9)
- Model INA Sec. 212(h)
- Model INA Sec. 212(i)
- INA Sec. 212(o) should be deleted.
Publications and Other Writings That Are Copyrighted by the Publisher
Laurel Scott, "Determining Whether to Attempt an Affirmative Filing of a Waiver," Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook (AILA 2009-10 Ed.). [to be published June 2009]
Laurel Scott, "Evidence for an Extreme Hardship Waiver of Inadmissibility: Boldly Going Where No Case Law Has Gone Before," Immigration Briefings, January 2009, West. Contact West at 1-800-221-9428 for a copy.
Laurel Scott, "The Dirty Dozen Mistakes for Foreign Filed I-601 Waivers," Conference Materials for the 22nd Annual AILA Central Florida Chapter Seminar, October 2008.
Laurel Scott and David Simmons, "Successful I-601 Waivers: The Form and a Letter are not Enough," Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook 251 (AILA 2008-09 Ed.). Contact AILA at 1-800-982-2839 for a copy.
* These writings may be downloaded for personal use. It is a violation of copyright for anyone to without permission (a) alter any of the writings and re-publicize the altered version, (b) post the writings on the internet or in some other public way except a short paragraph as a credited quotation or reference in another critical work or report, or (c) to sell part or all of the writings. It is not a violation of copyright to link to any of the publications from another website.